Each year the TEKGROUP Online Newsroom Survey Report highlights the expectations that journalists have for organizations and their online newsrooms. This year was no different, however, two key areas saw dramatic increases - social and mobile. Download the free report below. Thank you!
The results of our annual online newsroom survey
of journalists have been tabulated and it is clear that distribution is critical. Receiving news via email alerts, story pitches, social media all are increasing in importance.
- 94% of journalists surveyed prefer to receive news from an email alert
- 88% of journalists surveyed say it is important to integrated social media into the online newsroom
- 75% of journalists surveyed prefer to only receive targeted news that interests them
All of these statistics point to the increase in importance of having an integrated distribution system within an online newsroom. Journalists want to receive emails directly from the source and have access to your online newsroom for additional content such as videos, photos and background information. Integrated email distribution helps companies save money.
The 2016 Online Newsroom Survey Report
covers how editors, reporters, producers, correspondents and bloggers work with online newsrooms, digital audio and video, press release distribution services and PR professionals. The report also includes best in class examples of online newsrooms successfully providing a resource to journalists.
What You'll Learn
- How journalists prefer to receive information from an online newsroom
- Why journalists expect frequently updated content and easily searchable archives
- How social and mobile technologies are increasingly important in news distribution
- Which features journalists expect to see in an online newsroom
To make sure your practices match those of the journalists you pitch, complete the form to download your free copy