10 Tips to Help Socialize your Online Newsroom
- Put the word "news" in the URL for your online newsroom. Examples include "http://news.starbucks.com" or "http://www.toyotanewsroom.com"
- Include social media sharing options on all of your newsroom content including news releases, photos and videos. Examples include AddThis and ShareThis
- Provide as much descriptive (META) data for your content as possible. Including date, category, tags, author, and other related information.
- Include detailed contact information for your PR representatives including email, phone number, and relevant social media networks such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Ensure that you have a robust archive search for all of your past news content. Allow people to search by date, category and keyword to find older materials.
- Try to create the URL of each news release with appropriate keywords in the headline. An example is http://media.paychex.com/news-releases/paychex-launches-sales-force-to-boost-engagement-with-financial-advisors-and-plan-sponsors.htm
- Integrate your Twitter account into a special Social Media area within your Online Newsroom. This allows people to follow your Twitter conversations.
- Elevate the importance of your online newsroom within your main navigation.
- Create a top-level navigation item for "News" or "Media" so that it is prominent.
- Feature and highlight your news content on the home page of your company website.