As with any PR or marketing effort, great content is a critical component of success. There are many ways to create and distribute compelling content with an online newsroom. Below are 10 ways that can help.
- Provide detailed product information including technical specifications, commercials, images and video, testimonials, and other press kit related information.
- If you manage multiple brands, include each brand as a subset to your overall online newsroom.
- Ensure that each brand is able to promote individual news content.
- Create an area for executive biographical information including pictures, links to speeches and appearances, and any quotes or blogs that the executive maintains.
- If appropriate, have a special area for podcasts or audio files including speeches, press conferences, audio blogs, or any testimonials or quotes regarding your organization.
- Create an area in your online newsroom for video including B-roll or broadcast video, commercials, speeches, product demonstrations and links to YouTube videos.
- Include financial information where appropriate, including SEC filings, earnings announcements, stock information and shareholder notes.
- Keep a current events calendar within your online newsroom featuring product launches, important company milestones, and trade shows or events that you will attend.
- Allow legitimate media to register for credentials within your online newsroom. This will help save time and money and will also help automate this process.
- Don't worry about having too much information. Include backgrounders, corporate timelines and history documents. People may be researching your company.
BONUS TIP: Offer an information request form that can be managed with your online newsroom. If a visitor can not find what they are looking for, they can submit a simple request.
There are many sources of content that can be used to effectively manage your online newsroom. Check with suppliers, partners, vendors, customers, and employees for story ideas.