Centralizing Content in an Online Newsroom
We’ve all felt the frustration of trying to keep up with the challenge of feeding a 24-hours a day, 7-days a week news cycle. And the beast is always hungry. Always calling. Always awake.
Problem is – there are thousands of beasts, and only one of you. That’s where a centralized online newsroom comes in handy. With an online newsroom your can load all your content – releases, bios, photos, videos, audio, backgrounders, position papers – to one central online location and point the beast at the trough where they can feed to their hearts content.
And, when you think about it, that’s what journalists and news consumers want. In our recent online newsroom survey 74% of journalist responding said they wanted content centralized and convenient. Moreover, they prefer to have content categorized so that their time is spent researching and writing, not hunting and clicking.
Centralize your content. Feed the beast!
- 26% of journalists surveyed visit an organization's online newsroom every day
- 54% of journalists surveyed visit an organization's online newsroom at least once a week
- 96% of journalists surveyed visit company online newsrooms
- 98% of journalists surveyed said PR contacts are important
- 95% of journalists surveyed said receiving news via email alerts is important
Centralizing your content in an online newsroom not only helps you manage your press materials, but it also makes it easy for journalists and news consumers to find information.