A Short List of Ways to Create a Better Online Newsroom
- Create news stories for people other than just journalists. Investors, analysts, partners, brand loyalists all are interested in news and stories about your organization.
- Provide immediate contact with a corporate spokesperson at trade shows or big events. Use iCHAT or create a chat format on Twitter highlighting your event.
- Ensure that you setup an analytics package (such as Google Analytics) to provide you with statistics on traffic, content, and other valuable insights about your website.
- Test your online newsroom on a multitude of browsers (Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) and devices to ensure compatibility and legibility to a wide audience.
- Create a gallery of official corporate and product logos as well as detailed product logos.
- Include contact information for a variety of locations or countries that your company might do business.
- Make sure to offer detailed corporate contact information such as mailing address, phone and fax numbers, and links to other offices information.
- Create accounts with social media news aggregation sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit to increase exposure of your news content.
- Make sure to include email address and phone number of all media contacts.
- Offer translated releases available to foreign countries as part of your online newsroom.