How to Maximize the Impact of your Online Newsroom
- Keep the content fresh. Do your best to add new stories, photos, ideas, and information on a regular basis. This will encourage people to routinely visit your website.
- Try to keep the exact same graphic design that you use for your corporate website. This will help maintain consistency of brand and make it easy to navigate.
- Manage a list of email addresses that would like to receive your news via email. Most journalists prefer to receive your news in email.
- Frequently send out story ideas to your key contacts. This will allow you to keep in touch and will also show that you are willing to help share content.
- Make sure you categorize your news into appropriate subjects so that people can find only the news they are looking for. Examples include "financials" or "community"
- By using an online newsroom to help automate distribution and manage content, you can increase your productivity.
- Integrate as many social media outlets as you can with your Online Newsroom. This will allow you to quickly share (and let others share) your content across a wide network.
- Create an area on your online newsroom for "breaking news" that will feature the latest information about your organization. Ensure that you keep this timely.
- Leverage your news to create social media press releases that are easily shareable and search engine optimized.
- Manage an "In the News" section within your online newsroom that highlights coverage that you've received from traditional media outlets or blogs.
- Include a variety of image formats in your online newsroom. Include thumbnail images, high-resolution images, pictures of products, and headshots of executives.