In a recent Online Newsroom Survey, we found that journalists expect you to have certain items in your online newsroom. In addition to press releases, press kits, images, and video, there are many other items that should be archived on your news website.
- 99% of journalists say it’s somewhat important (9%), important (34%), or very important (56%) for a company to provide access to news releases within their online
- 93% of journalists say that it is important to have news releases organized by type of news category. Create topical subjects by product, service or focus.
- 94% of journalists say it’s somewhat important (14%), important (28%), or very important (52%) to have access to photographs – both web and print ready – within an online newsroom.
- 90% of journalists indicated the availability of digital product press kits would be somewhat important (25%), important (34%) or very important (30%) for their work.
- 75% of journalists say video files are an important component of an online newsroom.
For more information, please download the Online Newsroom Survey Report.